Contra-indications for a therapy by a PRI therapist in training (i.o.)*
If you recognize one or more of the symptoms mentioned below as your own, some caution is required as it might be possible that your therapy requirements may be too complex or heavy for the PRI-therapists in training. Although all of the PRI-therapists in training are advanced enough to do PRI-therapy and are personally supervised by Ingeborg Bosch herself, increased complexity of the problems requires more advanced skills from the therapists.
If you still would like to follow a therapy with a therapist in training, please clearly explain the contra-indication on the application form. Also, when you are in doubt whether or not a contra-indication is applicable in your case, please indicate this on your application. In that way, in consultation with the therapist and Ingeborg Bosch, a careful assessment can then be made whether or not the therapist in training can handle your case.
Please check whether one or more items below are applicable to you:
- severe and persistent auto-mutilation (inflicting wounds upon oneself)
- frequent extreme aggressive behavior (hurt others physically or verbally)
- frequent dissociation or DIS (lose time, no knowledge of one’s own activities)
- severe and persistent thoughts of suicide, and/or suicide attempts
- Bipolar disorder
- diagnosis of existing borderline symptoms, now or in the past
- multiple psychiatric admissions to hospital
- severe compulsive behavior
- anorexia nervosa
- emotional or physical dependence on parents or caregivers
- long-term use of benzodiazepines (like Xanax) against anxiety attacks
- a history of conflicts with previous therapists
- severe addictions
If it is your wish to investigate the possibilities of PRI therapy anyway, please give a clear description of your contra-indications on your therapy application form!