When you recognise one or more of the symptoms mentioned underneath as your own, some caution is required as it might be possible that your needs are very complex, and your therapy requirements may be too heavy for the PRI-therapists in training. All of the PRI-therapists in training are advanced enough to do PRI-therapy and are personally supervised by Ingeborg Bosch herself, however with increasing complexity of the problems more skills are required from the therapists.
If you would like to have therapy with one of the certified therapists or a therapist in training, please do mention and explain any contra-indications you may have found on the therapy request form - also when you are in doubt whether or not it is applicable in your case. In consultation with the therapist and Ingeborg Bosch a careful assessment can then be made whether or not the therapist in training can handle your case.
Underneath is a list of contra-indications.
- severe and persistent auto-mutilation (inflicting wounds upon oneself)
- frequent very aggressive behaviour (hurt others physically or verbally)
- frequent dissociation or DIS (lose time, no knowledge of one’s on activities)
- severe and persistent thoughts of suicide, and/or attempts to suicide
- diagnosis of existing borderline symptoms, now or in the past
- multiple psychiatric admissions to hospital
- severe compulsive behaviour
- anorexia nervosa
- emotional or physical dependence on parents or carers
- long-term use of benzodiazepines (like Xanax) against anxiety attacks
- a history of conflicts with previous therapists
- severe addictions
- bipolaire disturbance (manic depression)
If one or more of these contra-indications are applicable it may be necessary to enlist the help of an experienced therapist who works with client-centered therapy or psycho-analytical therapy who is willing to work with you on the principles described in the books by Ingeborg Bosch.
If it is your wish to investigate the possibilities of PRI therapy anyway, please give a clear description of your contra-indications on your therapy request form!